Monday, August 22, 2011

This Is The Place

By the sheep in front of our house...cousin Sophia came to visit us this day.
Elizabeth in front of the Rich home where we volunteered.
All of the girls up on the hay stack.

On a stump in front of "our" home
This was quite an experience for us. 8 Tuesday mornings from 10-2 we were there. It took most of the morning to get us all ready and out the door. Then the girls had to go for a pony ride and play at the small village before they could go home. The little girls were usually asleep before we got to Foothills Dr. I would guess about 1/2 to 1 mile. Elizabeth absolutely loved it. Breanna and Maryanne were more challenging. I have heard I should have waited until my kids were older...but...I fear when they are older they will be more busy and not want to go as often. In the end, it was worth the experience and the fun we had for the frustrations. I learned and experienced new things and will probably look at pioneers in a different light.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool that you all did that. I bet your girls will, at least Elizabeth, will always remember that. So great!

    ReplyDelete