Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hiking to Elephant rock




A few weeks ago Ben was post call and wanted to go hiking. So we called my sister and family. She sent her husband and the older 4 kids. So we were one with hike to Elephant Rock or Big rock...up in the canyon in Bountiful. At some point we separated because Maryanne was going TOO slow. So it ended up with everyone making it to the rock but Maryanne and me. She actually fell asleep for a while and I hiked down the mountain ALONE carrying a 36 lb. 2 year old. In case you are wondering it is really hard and she was TOTALLY floppy. I did try stopping but it was getting so cold and late I couldn't handle sitting for long.
But Ben trying to come to my rescue although by the time he caught me I only had about 1/4 of a mile left. However, I think it is the thought that counts!! The older girls did have an AWESOME time.

No comments:

Post a Comment