Saturday, August 17, 2013

Baltimore top 10

We moved to Baltimore about 6 weeks ago.  I felt a little like I was back in Kentucky with the trees and humidity.  I had a neighbor who said that when she moved into her home years ago she knew she was home for good.  I don't know if that is totally how I feel but there a lots of things I love about Baltimore.

1- We live close to Ben's work.  AAHHH!  After being far away in Utah I have LOVED LOVED being close to the hospital (if you call 7 miles close)  I feel like it is so easy to jump on the 83 and ride in to JHH.

2-  Lots of trees.  I love being surrounded by nature.  I feel like I live in the woods...kind of a dream come true.

3- The ocean.  Yes, really we live on a port not beach right by us...but I love the water and I love that we are close to it.

4- It is green.  I don't know that I ever got used to the dry summers of the west and the stickery, thorny stuff that grows out in the desert.  I do love being surrounded my green here all summer.

5- NO watering.  I do not miss turning on the water every night to try and get the grass to grow and the plant to not die.  Here is just rains all the time...so no watering.  It is kind of relaxing.

6- Natural grass....I like the idea of grass that just grows and little weedy but no need to spray endlessly and cultivate something unnatural.

7- In our apartment we have two really big bedrooms.  I love mine.  I feel like I can stay in my room if I want to.  It is great to have some space in my room to move around and be relaxed.

8- Mt. Washington pool.  This is a community pool and it actually costs to be a member but we have gone on the free days and it has been REALLY nice.  Twice a week we can swim for free.  I am not sure if I will ever need to join.

I guess there are just 8 things I love for now.  I will have to finish my list in 3 years when we are done with the fellowship;)

No comments:

Post a Comment